Saturday 8 September 2012

New Warhammer Forge Goodies

Forgeworld put up some new goodies introduced by the recent Monstrous Arcanum book.

First up is the Fire Elemental. Interesting model, but I'm not sold on it. I would have preferred to see something more based on a huge fireball or flame rather than something with substance like this. I would much prefer to see it in real life, or even some painted pictures. 68 squid is alot in the local monopoly money

Next up is the Magma Dragon

Now your probably wondering why you cant find this on the site yet. My only guess is someone put it up early or in lue of the fire elemental, and it was promptly taken down. Some hawk eyed individuals managed to save the pictures first in all their glory. 

The model itself is an interesting take. Its alot more solidly built than your average dragon, so much so one wonders if it could fly. It stays true to the art to a point, but again, I would like to see one in the flesh or painted. Its got alot of fine detail as we have come to expect from Forgeworld, but really drop the ball sometimes I think by not showing painted examples along side the assembled examples. 

My guess is it will be the same price as the fire elemental. 

Here are some more images of the new items. Enjoy.






No comments:

Post a Comment